Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm Just An Illusion.

So, I decided to write a blog during class. Kind of an experiment I wanted to try so bare with me.

Today I’m in a class full of new faces. Isn’t it amazing how many different faces there are in the world? I heard there are only 6 people in the entire world that look like you. Can you imagine that? At the same time it’s a creepy thought knowing there are 6 people wearing your face. 6 people carrying your physical identity.

(shrug) I try not to think about it. I’m just waiting for the day I actually come across one of those people. What do you even say when you see that? What do you do?

I like to think up a lot of “what if” questions.

What if everything in life were just a computer software? What if everything was just fabricated pixels and we’re just programs? What if you all didn’t exist and I’m not talking to anyone? What if I don’t exist and I’m just the illusion.

Okay, that’s enough.

The truth is, if nobody asked these “what if” questions, we wouldn’t be anywhere. If people didn’t ask “what if I could cure this,” or “what if we could walk on that moon I see every night?” If we didn’t ask those silly questions, we’d still be in the caveman era.

There are so many different kinds of people here. Even in this tiny stuffy room, filled with 20 some people. I like to study them and see how they communicate and carry themselves. When you get a better understanding of how a different variety of people correspond and function, it’s easier to get through life. Reading people is a big part of life. It could alter your decisions and everyone knows that one altered decision could change your life. But enough preaching.

Oh God…someone keeps staring at me.

…maybe I’ll stare back.

Ah perfect. The freaked-out-quick-glance-look-away.

I probably appear to be more cynical than I actually am.

Eh who am I kidding, I am quite cynical. Then again, which teenager isn’t?

This whole thing is kind of sporadic isn’t it?

I think my teacher might be wearing a toupee.

Ah another thing to rant about. I don’t know if it’s just America, but recently many people have not been able to accept the process of ageing.

Think about it, botox, hair implants, face lifts, toupees! It’s like some people want to defy the basic laws of life.

You age.

We all do. It’s a natural process. And with the sickened mind of the media, it’s no wonder 50 year old women want some botox after watching the collagen infested actresses on television. Or that men will poke holes into their heads and place hair follicles inside because they see people like David Hassalhoff with a full head of hair at 50 something. Sure everyone wants to look good, and no woman looks forward to the day they see an army of wrinkles on their face. But it’s the smart ones who accept that ageing, wrinkles, hair loss, sagging, or whatever it might be, happens. And the smarter ones who accept that person when they’re missing all their teeth and their face looks like a prune.

Sooner or later it won’t matter how much crap you inject into your lips or how much skin you lift. We’re all going to the same place, and will eventually end up looking the same.

And as much of a grim thought it is, it’s the truth. And you can’t cover up the truth with botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment