Friday, December 18, 2009

Hey, I Can See It.

It's odd how emotionally selfish some people can be. How they'll do anything to feel what they want to feel. Even if it does mean hurting those around them, or isolating themselves from the world.
They could be stressed and want to feel relief, could be upset and want to feel reassurance, and by god they will do anything to get that satisfaction. They will hurt, take, ignore, use, anything. 
Then again, that's how we all are. We just don't see it.

I'm watching Psycho in my theatre class. 
A "classic". 
What bothers me is that so many movies thought of as "classics" are extremely boring. I mean they'll have their interesting or maybe even mindblowing moments but there's just so much talking and music and...what was I saying again? I dozed off.

Ah well it's time for the holidays. 
A time for cold nights and the smell of christmas trees. A time for presents and holiday songs on the radio. A time for hot chocolate and christmas cookies.
Things that make us feel...fuzzy. 
And despite the holiday spirit and cheer that envelops everyone's soul during this time, some people would rather not go through the loud grandmothers that do nothing but squeeze your cheek and say "look how much you've grown!" over and over again throughout the night, or the family disputes. The uncle who always has to talk about politics, the histarical aunt who walks away from the table. The grandma looking at you with puppy dog eyes asking why you're not eating when you've just devoured twice your body weight. 
But I think that's what makes Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza so nice. Because we don't get it all the time. And those moments are precious. If we had em all the time they wouldn't stand out as much.
Ugh I sound like a Hallmark card.
 
I guess it makes us thankful. For being able to spend time with our family... or for only seeing them once a year.
It's tradition. And where would we be without tradition?

When did I turn into Topol? 

Oh people are so dumb. 
I searched "how to" on google and before I typed another word, the first suggestion there was "how to become a vampire".
Are people serious?

....so I clicked on it.
And there were these girls pleading, saying they'd do anything to turn into one and get "bit".
This shocked me on so many levels, but what shocked me more were the links posted on how to tell if you, or someone else, is a real vampire. Apparently there are real ones in the world.
...I know right?
But they're not the immortal, shiny, red eyed, fanged whatevers they're portrayed as. 
They claim to be... semi normal people, who are usually pale, and some have a craving for blood. Others just have psychicness. 
It's all kind of weird but I've done my research. And I have to say... I'd believe it.
I thought it was just a mental disease until I saw one interview with an actual "vampire" who weighed 130 pounds and lifted 400 by himself. On camera. Scrawny little thing. Then he scented out fruits, meat, and other things from 5 feet away...with a blindfold.
It was all too odd.

The signs of being a vampire include: if you have a weird color around your iris, if you have exceptional vision in the dark and hearing, that people either trust you completely or not at all, if your skin turns pink when you eat meat, if you live in the darkest coldest room in the house. ...Weird stuff.  
 
And if those signs are accurate, pretty much everyone I've dated was a bloodsucker.
And I'm one myself.

That can't be true. I mean the fact I suck the blood out of my cuts and feel a euphoric sensation that I can't describe when I taste it, can't relate to that. Let's get real.

Im kidddin.
It's only semi-euphoric.

What I've learned is that humans will never stop at just being humans. So many of us have to be something more. Something more than just...normal.
Who wants the thought of being some average joe? Hell, I'd wanna be a vampire or a fairy or a witch. 
All those things seem so fascinating since we grew up with the education that they are simply impossible to achieve.
There is just no such thing. 
No such thing. 
What does that even mean? Well obviously that it doesn't exist, but look at these "vampires". We all thought that it was some fairytale, but now we find out there are communities of them.
What else are we going to find later on? That there are a clan of fairies living in our backyard?
No one wants to believe that. It's too close to the border of reality and fantasy. I mean wouldn't you think you were going crazy or the world was no longer the same?
But here we are pushing reality to it's borderline all the time with all the new technology, and theories, people can't just see black and white anymore, or even gray. They see pink and sparkly purple.
Because that's just the way our mind works.
We won't stop at anything to make our fantasies become reality, to be able to live in some kind of lala land. That's what we all want isn't it? That's why we believe in love, that's why we hope, that's why we dream.
Because we always know there has to be something more than we can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment