Saturday, September 26, 2009

Call Me Crazy

If we could all fly, we’d wish to be able to walk.
We’d wish to feel the dirt in between our toes and the grass underneath our feet.
It’s just human nature; we all want what we cannot have.
I know that my biggest wish is to fly. Why? Because I can’t. It simply defies reality and the law of gravity; which fascinates me. It gives me a sense of mysterious hope, which is why I crave the feeling. I want nothing more than to feel the wind in my hair and nothing but air underneath and around me. The feeling of floating and feeling so liberated instead of confined to this, dare I say it, ground.

As much as I hate ground and stability, the truth is, I can’t live without it. Most of us can’t. How could we live without something to always come back to? Whether it’s your home, your family, your hobby. Everyone needs a sense of solidity in their lives. Or else we’d all be crazy.

Ugh that word, “crazy”. What does it even mean? Aren’t we all crazy? Even normal people are crazy. Especially for being something as horrid as ordinary. I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t picture my life to be simple. I don’t want the perfect family or the routine days, the ideal husband. Psh. Who does? Who wants to wake up in the morning, already knowing what they're going to do or have? Not me.

However, some people cringe at the thought of a broken life. All they do is strive for a solid, faultless life. They want nothing more than to have that picture perfect family. But that comes later in life. After adolescence takes its toll on our mind.

Aren’t we all just wishing for some way of self destruction? After all, we are teenagers. That’s all we do; complicate things. And we complicate them in a way that somehow always screws us over in the end. And how can you blame us? Without it, our life would be nothing more than slow, boring, and routine. And just the thought of that makes me shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment